Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating surface after reciving new survey

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tsachi
207 Views, 5 Replies

Updating surface after reciving new survey

Hello,

I created a surface based on survey data, recently i recivied an updated survay (new DTM).

Is there a quick and painless way to update the surface? Obviously this surface is the basis for my entire design 😎

Thanks

T. Krendel-Eltan Civil Eng. 2002

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dtucker
in reply to: tsachi

Is your surface created from point groups? If so, Import your survey data, update your point groups and rebuild your surface. You may still need to update boundary definitions, breaklines, etc.

Message 3 of 6
tsachi
in reply to: dtucker

Thanks,

Only problem is that the site is hugh, the number of points and breaklines is staggering.

My localized version has a rotine which translates the survey DTM files to a surface.

How about merging 2 surfaces? (the new surface on top of the old).

Message 4 of 6
IanMcClain

What does the updated DTM include? Only changes or the whole surface?

Ian McClain
Message 5 of 6
tsachi
in reply to: IanMcClain

The updated DTM contains the original survey data and some added areas that need to be designed.

the point file alone contains some 113,000 elevations, the breakline file is roughly the same number of points.

Message 6 of 6
ericcollins6932

If you have overlapping survey (enough was picked up to tie into original ground around the edges), you can paste the new surface to the old surface.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report