Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Point elevations & profiles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hboutwell
286 Views, 2 Replies

Updating Point elevations & profiles

HI guys, running 2007 SP 3 Civil 3d.

Got a really good question for you all. I had some points that our surveyors gave me last week that were on the wrong datum. Way off some 900 feet. I didn't know this at the time, and I created a surface, alignments, profiles and a Corridor off of these points.

Yesterday my surveyors went out, gathered some more needed survey points and adjusted the datum on all of the points, new and old.
So I deleted my old points and corrisponding point groups. Added in the new points and placed them into a point group, rebuilt the existing surface so that it now reflects the 900 elevation mark and new datum. But what I have discovered is that my profiles did not update, the EX Ground on my profiles updated and is no longer visible in my profile views but my Future grade never update the 900 foot difference. How do I fix this?

I know it's probably something really simple that I over looked, would love you help on this little one thanks.

Heidi
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hboutwell
in reply to: hboutwell

Never mind, I figured it out.

In case you need to know, go into Profile Properties on the future profile and move all PI's to the difference in the new elevation versus the old elevation.

Duh!!, what a blonde moment.
Message 3 of 3
CAD monkey
in reply to: hboutwell

how do you change the level datum?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report