Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating pipe network via csv file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TherealJD
1168 Views, 3 Replies

updating pipe network via csv file

i have "as-built" data in csv format for my pipe network assembly.

i'm using C3d 2011, i dont see a way i can import or batch edit the pipe network data with the current csv data.

i can export the pipe network to an excel table through the panorama, i was hoping there was a way to edit that data and push it back into the dwg file. Is there?

Cheers,

Jd

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: TherealJD

Not directly AFAIK but here's an AU class titled Surveyor's Digging Pipes that shows a way to do it by bringing the csv data in via a Survey Database and then the Survey Figures are converted to a Pipe Network.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM

You can create a profile from a file.  

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 4
ralstogj

Jd

I have just had the job of generating some as builts and it would of been great if I could of update the design network from the field captured pipe and structure point data. I do not believe there is a prescribed workflow do to this from Autodesk. There is however a great paper from AU 2008 that documents some vba code that exports pipe network data to excel and then you can adjust the pipe data in excel and re import it into civil3d and have the original pipe data update.

This code was update to C# and ships as a .net programming example. So we could have a process where you import the network csv data into excel and then update the pipe and structure data based on the structure and pipe name matching with the point description say and then import the updated pipe network data from excel into civil3d.

In some cases you will have to deal with network additions and deletions so the code will have to be updated to deal with this situation.

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report