Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update date stamp with fields

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
elaine3051
5638 Views, 12 Replies

Update date stamp with fields

Settings on the User Preferences Tab (Options Dialog Box) control whether fields are updated automatically or on demand (FIELDEVAL system variable). The Date field cannot be updated automatically regardless of the setting of FIELDEVAL.

Not happy. This should update everytime I save.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
troma
in reply to: elaine3051

I think I got it to work better with a diesil string.  Try doing a search on that.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 13
tcorey

Elaine, try using Savedate instead of Date when you pick the field name.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 13
AllenJessup

I use a custom date stamp that is based on Fields. I usually don't see it updated on the screen but do see the updated information on the plot. When you plot is the date stamp updated?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
elaine3051
in reply to: AllenJessup

My date stamp is also based on fields. My field eval is set to 31 which should update my file path/date string whether I plot, save, etc. I researched all of this on Friday and found a post to use the "All" in Fields, then "Date", then select the format. Everything was working fine and then I come to work today and the date string is no longer updating. Hence I went back on line and then happened to find the information concerning the updating, using fields, in text strings that I posted to this forum. Now this just shouldn't be rocket science here.We are trying to be productive. The automatic plot stamp is crap for use because depending on the size sheet, the printer, the scale you have to reorient and adjust which takes time and if you forget then you have to replot because you got in a hurry and didnt preview and if the drawing has a lot of images then the preview gets stuck and yes I am running 64 bit. kick **** computer.Breathe  I just want accurate File path -date stamp. Any ideas??. I think I have an old Rtext but if I remmeber right they don't update except on insertion.

Message 6 of 13
elaine3051

That would be a big NO. Does not show updated on plots

Message 7 of 13
elaine3051
in reply to: tcorey

Tim the Savedate was what I was using that wasn't working.

Message 8 of 13
AllenJessup

Attached is what I use. Since I want the Plot Date, that's what I'm using in the field. So when I plot it updates.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
troma

We were using RTEXT here.  Works fine, updates on every regen, on file open etc.  The only reason we left it was because it can only be left justified.  MTEXT with fields or diesel expressions can be right or centre justified.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 10 of 13
el_nath
in reply to: troma

Exactly. Used Rtext, switched to fields using diesel expressions "$(edtime, 0, MON DD"," YYYY - H:MMam/pm)". Works like a charm. Kudos.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Allen

I was having trouble with my diesel and this worked out great for me since I only need it to update when I plot.

Thanks

-Jim

Message 12 of 13
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Glad it helped.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
bern0197
in reply to: el_nath

This is the best trick ever! Thanks a lot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report