Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'unrecognised' on status bar

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ksorsby
284 Views, 3 Replies

'unrecognised' on status bar

Afternoon,

Bit of an odd one. I have a number of drawings, Civil 3D and otherwise, where panning and zooming in paper space is incredibly laggy. When I enter a viewport, the bottom right of the status bar flashes rapidly with 'unrecognised' for about 2 seconds then disappears. It occasionally does it without entering a viewport too. See image below. I suspect it's to do with coordinate systems. Any ideas? and how do I sort it out?

error.png

Cheers,

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: ksorsby

Could be this, from the 2014 Map 3d Readme file.

Coordinate Systems

The AutoCAD GEOGRAPHICLOCATION command is not supported in Map unless the geo-marker is setup with a Longitude/Latitude value of (0,0) and is positioned at the location (0,0,0) with a North direction equal to 0.

If a geographic or arbitrary coordinate system is assigned to the Map, it will not be supported by the AutoCAD GEOGRAPHICLOCATION command, which only supports projected coordinate systems. This command will then behave as if the Map is not geo-referenced. As a result, the geo-marker field in the main status bar will display “Unrecognized” instead of the coordinate system name.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
ksorsby
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks Jay, looks like it could be that. We don't use Map so seems odd it'd arrive out of nowhere.

Any ideas how to resolve it?

Kevin

Message 4 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: ksorsby

Try, Drawing Settings > Units & Zone tab > Zone > No Datum, No Projection.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report