Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unload point clouds

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Civil3dele
681 Views, 4 Replies

Unload point clouds

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to unload the attached point clouds (esri asc files), so that they could be loaded again at any time? I need them only at times and they are slowering the Autocad performance a lot.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Civil3dele
in reply to: Civil3dele

And more detailed my problem is that I have one file where this can be done normally by unloading them from the "external references" - but in my other files, I can't find my point cloud in the "external references" list although it exists. I think this might have something to do with the file locations, but now when I made a new test file with correct file paths, I can't find the unload menu either. How could I get it visible in the reference list?

Message 3 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM

Just freeze it.  When a layer is frozen, it does not require regeneration.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 5
gccdaemon

Once you have your surface created, export it to LANDXML. Then just import it into another file and you won't have to worry about point clouds.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 5 of 5
Civil3dele
in reply to: gccdaemon

Thank you for both replies. I decided to freeze the layers. I tried also export to LandXML, but the coordinates of the surface were changed when I imported them into a new dwg. Then and thought the freeze is easier to do, rather than search a solution for the new problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report