Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled exeption error when trying to connect to WMS data

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
karlkarpuk
458 Views, 5 Replies

Unhandled exeption error when trying to connect to WMS data

Hey!

I have some troubles here when i try to connect to wms data. See the attachement.

I did some google searching and it seems the most common problem is .NET framework. I have no idea at all, what does it do, but usually it is said that reinstalling that fixes the problem. I have windows 8 on my computer and havent even found the option to uninstall and reinstall .net framework. I did upgrade it to the latest 4.5.1, but the problem remained.

Does anyone have any clue, how to fix that? I need to use the WMS image and there is no way around it.

I have:

• AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 educational version.
  • Windows 8 64 bit
  • DELL inspiron 17R
  • 8 GB RAM
  • i5-4200U CPU
  • AMD Radeon HD 8870M

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: karlkarpuk

The Microsoft Framework can be located in the Control Panel, like all installed programs.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
karlkarpuk
in reply to: wfberry

Oops, i forgot to mention the most important things, my bad.

So, i thought of reinstalling .NET framework and everywhere it says that it is supposed to be listed with all other programs. As you can see in this posts attatchement, there is no .net framework in my programs list (windows 😎 and i have no idea what other ways there are to uninstall it.

Additionally, i don't even know if that's the problem, since google results where all related to the same error popping up when opening Civil. I only get it when trying to connect to WMS data.

I did find the .net framework in the list of Windows features as you can see on the other attachement. I tried turned on either of them - .NET framework 3.5 and 4.5 (also installed the latest version, 4.5.1), but that didn't fix my problem.

Are there any other options? Is reinstalling still probably the only solution?

Message 4 of 6
karlkarpuk
in reply to: wfberry

I found this info: " Windows 8 does not have a Microsoft .NET Framework 4 listed in Programs and Features. The .NET Framework 4.0 is part of Windows 8 Operating System as a feature and is not something that can be removed or repaired. There is one way to try and repair the Windows 8 .NET Framework 4 by running Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool"

I did use the repair tool. It still didn't solve the problem.

I'm getting pretty desperate 😞

Is there any info i can provide to make the the the issue more clear?

Message 5 of 6
karlkarpuk

Up!

I still hope to solve this. The last option would be to try an older version of Civil.

Message 6 of 6
karlkarpuk

I solved my problem by uninstalling AutoCAD Civil 3d 2015 and installing the 2012 version. Couldn't find a better solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report