Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Excepption with OPTIONS

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jlawrence
235 Views, 4 Replies

Unhandled Excepption with OPTIONS

Starting recently, upon using OPTIONS command I receive an Unhandled Exception Error. The command window pops up and I seem able to use it without issue, but this is an annoyance. (It happens in all files.) Does anyone else have this issue? I really don't want to "repair" Civil 3D 13 yet again (wow, this version seems full of bugs) but perhaps that is what I need to do...??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: jlawrence

Repair only takes a few minutes. How long have you spent looking for a solution that would avoid using Repair?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
jlawrence
in reply to: tcorey

Not long at all. I have simply been getting really tired of performing so many repairs due to these errors that keep popping up with this version. Sigh... Jennifer Lawrence City of San Luis Obispo Public Works, Engineering 805.781.7226 [cid:image001.gif@01CDCC83.CC2BFF70]
Message 4 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: jlawrence

It's frustrating, I know, but if that's the fastest solution to get you back to work...

If you keep having problems, so things to consider:

Do you notice problems crop up after you have installed another program? Possibly it is installed a system file that Civil 3D needs in a particular version, hence the errors and the ability to fix it with Repair.

or, are the errors seemingly random? Have you used MSCONFIG as a way to search for a service that might be conflicting with AutoCAD? I was having issues a while back, repair didn't help, so I did a selective startup using MSCONFIG. After some tinkering I found that iTunes was making AutoCAD crash. I eliminated iTunes and have had no problems since.

I see you're with a city gov office, so you might have to have IT do it for you. I'm sorry for that. Smiley Wink

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
jlawrence
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the info. No software has been installed recently, but I'll see what I can do with MSCONFIG. Much appreciated 🙂 Jennifer Lawrence City of San Luis Obispo Public Works, Engineering 805.781.7226 [cid:image001.gif@01CDCC8F.705C9E00]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report