Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo has been disabled...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bcales
5063 Views, 12 Replies

Undo has been disabled...

Undo has been disabled in order to prevent undo file overflow...

Is there anyway to increase the Undo capabilities.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mathewkol
in reply to: bcales

I've never seen this. How about saving and closing the drawing and reopening it?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 13
sboon
in reply to: mathewkol

I've seen it fairly often, especially while doing a lot of corridor section edits.  I think that there's a way to turn off the undo function and then turn it back on again.  When you do that the program apparently starts a new file.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: sboon

@sboon wrote:

... I think that there's a way to turn off the undo function and then turn it back on again. ...

Undo, Control, None or One

Undo, Control, All

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 13
oceanside
in reply to: bcales

I have done this so many.....times today.  It doesn't work.  Software is Civil 3D 2013.  A couple of computers have the message "Warning! Undo has been disabled in order to prevent undo file overflow.  You may re-enable it via the undo command.  The undo file length was 1768915703 bytes".  I've been using the UNDO command since Release '08 & I've never seen this problem.  I have search & search & nothing seems to work....how do you control the length of the UNDO command.  I don't understand how UNDOCTL works cause it's read only.  Does anyone have a solution?

the best is at the beach!
Message 6 of 13
sboon
in reply to: oceanside

Save - Shutdown - Restart the program.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 13
clevelandw
in reply to: sboon

C'mon "Experts" stop just telling everyone to "Save and Restart" Obviously, there is an issue that needs to be resolved. Put that "Expert" title to use.. Geez!
Message 8 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: clevelandw

@clevelandw wrote:
C'mon "Experts" stop just telling everyone to "Save and Restart" Obviously, there is an issue that needs to be resolved. Put that "Expert" title to use.. Geez!

In their defense, I would say that the suggestions offered are the best known workaround(s). 

These guys are peers using the software like all of us, and do not have a hotline to the programmers / software architects.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 13
mathewkol

Thanks for the "constructive" criticism, clevelandw, but I don't see any usable advice from you at all on this issue.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 10 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: oceanside

For C3D2013 & 2014, perhaps THIS has something to do with the UNDO file filling up.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 11 of 13
sboon

If you want to jump in and criticize then try to not do it in a thread from nine months ago.  Those of us who are here to help others have better things to do that read this stuff.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Civil3D_2007_CertUser_S_RGB.png

Civil3D_2008_CertUser_logo_rgb.png

Civil3D_2009_cert_pro_rgb.png

Civil3D_2010_Pro_RGB.png

Civil3D_2011_Certified_Professional_RGB.png

Civil3D_2012_Certified_Professional_RGB.png

Civil3D_2013_Certified_Professional_RGB.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 12 of 13

That worked my friend. Youre awesome. I got out of the drawing then reopened it. I like simple solutions!

Message 13 of 13
Joe-Bouza

That is a good way to not get answers.
That is what happens. Undo has been acting peculiar for many for some time now,(not necessarily acknowledged by the developers) particularly with ungrouped commands filling up the buffer with hundreds of commands from panning and scrolling.
Check you options and make sure group commands is checked. This isn't a fix but should be checked. There is some evidence that may suggest that an annotative Hatch can be the culprit of filling the undo buffer. Again, this is suggested from peers; just like you. We are all hacking our way through the program and trying to help each other. sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong. Thats just the way it is.

Not blowing my horn as much as tootin it for all the good folks here.

This just in from my PM mail box:

"Thanks Boss Done .........Your Guys Doing Great Job Man..Keep it UP .....Smiley Happy"

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report