Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground Infrastructure Modeling

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Sweeney669
974 Views, 5 Replies

Underground Infrastructure Modeling

I'm not to familiar with Civil 3d, I generally model with Terramodel and Trimble Business Center for those of you familiar. My company is trying to find a better solution for trench models and finding confliction. So we were wondering is it possible to model all our utilites (storm, sewer and water pipe) in 3d so we can make sure all the pipes have atleast 1' of coverage between each other (something simialar to attached picture).

If this is possible would anyone be able to point me in the direction to be able to do this (trainers, online courses, etc). Were based out of Hamden Connecticut, would love 1 on 1 training or any help available. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
darkman257
in reply to: Sweeney669

I would get with your reseller as I am sure they will be able to do custom classes with you.  In Civil 3d you can do an interference check with your pipe networks.  I also believe that Autodesk Labs has a subassembly creator pacakge available that wil allow you to create custom subassemblies.  This will allow you to customize your trench that will follow your pipe networks.  HTH.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2012 - Premium, Intel Quad Core 2.66 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX4800

Dilbert's Salary Theorem: Postulate 1: Knowledge is Power Postulate 2: Time is Money. Power = Work / Time. Since Knowledge = Power,
then Knowledge = Work / Time, and Tme = Money, then Knowledge = Work / Money. Solving for Money, we get: Money = Work / Knowledge.
Thus as Knowledge approaches zero, money approaches infinity, regardless of the amount of work done.
Message 3 of 6
Sweeney669
in reply to: darkman257

Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

If you don't have a reseller. Mine is about an hour away from you. They're very good. I don't know if they have a specialty in this area but am sure, if not, they could find someone.

If you like I can post their contact info. Or if you'd rather have them contact you send me your contact info jessupa AHT co . rockland . ny . us.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Sweeney669
in reply to: AllenJessup

If you dont mind posting the info that would be great! Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

Graphics Solution Providers

http://www.graphics-solutions.com/index.html

115 Barmore Rd
PO Box 159
LaGrangeville, NY 12540

Hit 1 for sales. You'll probably talk to Craig Grant. He's a salesman,  but not pushy at all.

At one time they were quoted a lot in the groups because of what they have on their calendar page:

"The only thing worse than training employees and having them leave, is not training them, and having them stay."

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report