Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined coordinate systyem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mnorton
315 Views, 4 Replies

Undefined coordinate systyem

Our client in Mexico has specified that we use the following coordinate system.  Frankly, I'm stumped and am looking for anyone that can shed some light on how I might use this coordinate system.  Thanks.

UTM, Geodetic Reference Mexican Datum 1993, GRS 1980 Ellipsoid, ITRF 1992 at Epoch 1988, North American Vertical Datum, 1988, (NAVD88), measured in SI Survey Meters

Mike Norton - The Civil Guy
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.mckenzie
in reply to: mnorton

I do not know whether or not this is a coordinate system that is available for translation in any software or not. If it is then you are all set.

if it is not, ask your client if they have any documented control points in the requested system. If they do, you need only locate them in your traverse and survey process to comply.

Am I missing something?

Message 3 of 5

I googled the UTM in question and there are geodetic calculators for the various Mexican UTM systems. You should be able to translate into any of them.

Message 4 of 5

I suspect that once your surveyor reads into this, there will be a calculator available for translation if needed.

When I google pieces of this I am quite often pointed to www.georepository.com

Message 5 of 5
mnorton
in reply to: mnorton

I've submitted an RFI to the client which I'm sure will produce something.  I was hoping to find someone experienced using the coordinate system that would share the parameters so that I might create a custom coordinate system in Civil 3D.  Using the one coordinate that I have, I've pinned down the site location as being somewhere between San Francisco, CA and Capetown, South Africa.  Thanks for your help.

Mike Norton - The Civil Guy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report