Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unavailable to choose auxiliary points to draw a auxiliary link in SAC

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Yonas89
390 Views, 6 Replies

Unavailable to choose auxiliary points to draw a auxiliary link in SAC

Hello,

seem that everything was working fine to me, but suddenly I wanted to make a auxiliary link which connects to auxiliary points but SAC does not offer me the auxiliary points to choose.

Pleasecheck the attached image.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: Yonas89

Whenever I try to trouble shoot something I always try to work backwards up the flow chart until it works as expected. So at what point do your auxiliary points not show up? I was originally going to say to make sure you have the same auxiliary points on both sides of any decisions but it looks like you already are doing that. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 7
Yonas89
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

I already figure out my problem, however i have faced another one. I have read some your previous answers for users who had problems with applying superelevation. Well I have the same problem I guess, but the difference is that I want to apply a superelevation to both lane and shoulder (Left outside lane slope  to my left lane, and left outside shoulder slope to my shoulder). However SAC only gives me one option of the superelevation to choose. I neeed this, because my structure under the pavement depends on shoulder rotation, so I cannot create to separate pkt files and define supperelevation that way 

Message 4 of 7
KMercier_C3D

Confused by what you mean "only gives me one option of the superelevation to choose". Each link can only have one superelevation but each link can be different. And I actually never use the Superelevation drop downs available for the points, I typically use a formula to query the correct left/right superelevation using the API function.

AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 5 of 7
Yonas89

well I am not very good in Sac, so i believe i do something wrong, but...  I face the problem  when I apply my subassembly to corridor as only my left lane reacts on the superelevation, because I entered a parameterr of superelevation  to use a "left outside lane slope"  on input/output parameters tab in Sac ). However my shoulder needs to take "left outside shoulder slope" value but I cannot add another superelevation parameter in SAC. I get the error which tells me: " This AOR parameter has already existed. It must be unique"

Message 6 of 7
KMercier_C3D

Confused by what you mean "only gives me one option of the superelevation
to choose". Each link can only have one superelevation but each link can be
different. And I actually never use the Superelevation drop downs available
for the points, I typically use a formula to query the correct left/right
superelevation using the API function.

Message 7 of 7
KMercier_C3D

(Confused why all of a sudden today the forums are duplicating some of my posts. Please disregard the duplicate.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report