Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set Data Shortcuts Project Folder location

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
345 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to set Data Shortcuts Project Folder location

Prior to upgrading my company's file server, we were able to use our entire project directory as a "Working Folder". Each individual folder represents a job number. The projects date from 2004 to 2014, the Acad software versions used are from 2005 Land Desktop to 2012 Civil 3D. After upgrading the server and setting the Working folder, the Data Shortcuts Project folders are no longer available. The server platform was upgraded from Linux operating system to Mac although the workstations are PCs with Windows 7. We have created alternate project directories to isolate newer/current projects as a test to see if older project versions are creating this problem with some success. Ultimately we are wanting to find a solution for this issue and be able to keep all project folders in the same root directory. I'm wondering what may be to blame for this disconnect. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't usually deal with project issues like this, but here are some things to look at.

Do you have the same project templates after the upgrade?

Does the file server have the same name as the previous one? Is the mapped drive the same?

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report