Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mnorton
197 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to save

I'd like to revive this thread if you guys don't mind. When I save my drawing I get the following message:

Unable to save to drawing C:\work\Vault\1657\CS6 - Comp Sta 6 - Ocala, FL\3 Civil and Structural\3D Modeling\1657-CS6-MD-CIVIL.DWG.
Drawing saved to C:\work\Vault\1657\CS6 - Comp Sta 6 - Ocala, FL\3 Civil and Structural\3D Modeling\sav6542.tmp

If I exit Civil 3D at this point, my drawing and the temp file both disappear. If instead I save the drawing again, the drawing is saved and all is good with the world. I have no idea what triggered the save issue and I can't purposely repeat the problem.

I've had other issues in this drawing that may, or may not, be related. There are holes in my corridor surface that I am unable to close. I've inserted a new region in my corridor using a different assembly which appears in my corridor but not in my corridor surface. I'm forced to delete the corridor surface and recreate it with the new component.

I've recovered, audited, purged, and given up guns, whiskey, and women of questionable moral integrity. I need a fresh eye on this one.

Mike Norton - The Civil Guy
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mnorton
in reply to: mnorton

I don't think the corridor surface issue is related to the save issue. My solution for the surface problem is to add, and then remove, a surface point in the hole.  The area re-triangulates and life goes on.

I misspoke in my earlier description of the save issue.  The temporary files being saved were not saved into the temp folder nor were they being deleted when I exited the program.  As the error message stated, they were being saved into my drawing folder.  Every other save was creating a new temp file in my drawing folder. 

The problem escalated.  I could no longer check my drawing back into Vault even after a non-temp file related save.  I received error messages regarding xrefs but was fairly confident my exrefs weren't the problem. 

I deleted the temp files in my drawing folder and reopened my drawing.  The drawing now saves correctly and I am once again able to check my work back into Vault.

Happy Saturday Dudes and Dudettes.

Mike Norton - The Civil Guy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report