Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to load catalog file message

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chukar
583 Views, 4 Replies

unable to load catalog file message

I just installed Civil 3D 2007 and when I start up I get the message "unable to load catalog file 'C:\documents and settings\jim h\application data\autodesk\c3d\2007\enu\support\toolpalette\AcTMaterials.atc'"

When I look for the file I find that I do not even have a folder "application data" under "jim h".

doing a search the only file I find on my harddrive with the "atc" extention is called "mytoolcatalog" and it is in a different directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You; Jim Haddan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chukar

Application Data is usually a hidden folder

chukar wrote:
> I just installed Civil 3D 2007 and when I start up I get the message "unable to load catalog file 'C:\documents and settings\jim h\application data\autodesk\c3d\2007\enu\support\toolpalette\AcTMaterials.atc'"
>
> When I look for the file I find that I do not even have a folder "application data" under "jim h".
>
> doing a search the only file I find on my harddrive with the "atc" extention is called "mytoolcatalog" and it is in a different directory.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank You; Jim Haddan
Message 3 of 5
chukar

Thank You Lisa;
I found the file (with your help) in the correct folder but I am still getting the error message that C3D can not find it??
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Is that location part of your support path?

chukar wrote:
> Thank You Lisa;
> I found the file (with your help) in the correct folder but I am still getting the error message that C3D can not find it??
Message 5 of 5
CHUKAR

Thank You again Lisa.
I am not sure I understand your question but the file is where the error message says C3D is looking for it. I also checked the search paths for Working Support and Tool Pallets file locations and the path is in both those locations. I also added the path to Support file search paths but still get the same error. I also did a repair and wonder if I should uninstall and reinstall or if the file could be corrupt.
Jim Haddan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report