Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKIE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
591 Views, 3 Replies

UKIE

Hi all,

I recently installed Civils 3D 2015.  I also installed UKIE Country Pack.  When I click on 'Civil 3D 2015 English  - Metric'  the software opens with no problems.  However when I click on the UKIE icon it seems to open AutoCAD 2015 with none of the design capabilities of Civils 3D.  Funnily enough through it creates a blue 3D Civils like icon on my task bar but shows a red CAD image in the top left of the software.  It also says that it is using a UKIE Profile - see attached.

Confused!

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't have any experience with the UKIE Country Pack but it sounds like the icon it created might be missing the Civil 3d portion of the Target path.

OOTB Civil 3d Metric =

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\\AecBase.dbx" /p "<<C3D_Metric>>"  /product "C3D"

OOTB Civil 3D as Autocad = "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe"  /P AutoCAD /Product "C3D" /Language "en-US"

My path is slightly different as I'm in the US.

What is the text string found here in the UKIE icon and also in the the 'Civil 3D 2015 English  - Metric' icon?

Rt. click on icon > Properties > Shortcut Tab >

UKIE.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for getting back to me Jay.  Here is my icon target;

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\AecBase.dbx" /p "<<C3D_UKIE>>" /product "C3D"

This looks like it is the same format as your target...

Message 4 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Strange, the only other suggestion I have is if Civil 3D specific commands work when entered at the command line then try switching the workspace from Drafting and Annotation to Civil 3D.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report