Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCS, Coordinate Systems and the Cube

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
davidreese
472 Views, 3 Replies

UCS, Coordinate Systems and the Cube

Please help an old engineer understand some things. If I create a new drawing and the UCS is set to world and then I set the drawing to NAD83 coordinates and save the drawing. Reopening the drawing shows the cube slightly;y slanted?? I assume it is because it has a coordinate system setting which is different from the the UCS World. So my question if that is the case is, what is north set to in UCS?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: davidreese

You should still be in the WCS but your view is probably twisted.

Check out the solutions to [THESE] posts.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
AllenJessup

I just checked for my own peace of mind. The GEOGRAPHICLOCATION settings do nothing to alter the coordinate system of the drawing. I set mine to a couple of different angles and the bearings in the drawing never changed.

Help says "This information is useful for sun studies, environment analysis, exporting to            AutoCAD Map 3D, and working with Google Earth."

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
davidreese

The help with the other post links was great, however it appears you have to reset zero everytime you open the drawing because it always skews it, it skews it the same amount but it does shew it. Its aggravating but manageable

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report