Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two parcels in one

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
steelerfutball57
534 Views, 6 Replies

Two parcels in one

I'm labelling the parcels in a designed subdivision (I'm working in C3D 2010), and some of the parcels produce double labels when created. That is, I create a bpoly line, go to create parcel, specify the parameters, and hit enter - and two parcel labels appear. One appears to be the parent of another, because when I erase one, the other label disappears. The total of the two parcel areas equals the area of the actual lot. I've purged, isolated the layer, even moved the polylines over 500' and labeled them. They label correctly, but when I move them back to the actual position, they divide themselves and the other lable appears. Oh, and this also happens when I go into the create parcel routine and draw the parcels out, line by line.

Anyone?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
owenmull
in reply to: steelerfutball57

Could you post a screenshot detailing the problem? Or post the drawing?

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: owenmull

I've attached a pdf. When I list the small parcel (31) properties, it shows as using a very small portion of the curve by the road, the right sideline, a small portion of the rear line, and back to the arc. Lot 30 is the same. The two areas together combine for the total area of the original polyline I created.

Thanks,

Tom

Message 4 of 7
owenmull

If you're using a BPOLY, it could be that your polyline is not closed. BPOLY simply floods a shape and determines its boundary, and turns that to a polyline. If your polyline was not closed or properly drawn, ie had a vertex creating another seperate unintended entity, when your create a Parcel, it could be treating that as a new tiny Parcel. I would check the geometry in which your Parcels were created from and enusre it is all closed and drawn uniformly and try again.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

sorry...forgot to mention, I did that too. just did a polyline, with the close command at the end. And I have no doubt it's between the chair and keyboard, just have to figure out where 🙂

Message 6 of 7
owenmull

Where Lot 30 and Parcel 1 intersect, ie the curve to the SE of Lot 30, does that overlap the parcel geometry? I would zoom in on that. It could be that Parcel 'Lot 30' and your Parcel 'Parcel 1' are overlapping. In C3D, two overlapping Parcels will create a third Parcel out of the overlapping area.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

No, none of that checks out. 

I'm beginnning to think it's my site, somehow. I created a site, in which all my alignments exist, and when I move a closed polyline outside the site and make a parcel, it's fine. When I just move that parcel back to the site, it changes. Must be something inside my site. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report