Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Intersecting Alignments

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
deanbowden
609 Views, 1 Reply

Two Intersecting Alignments

How do I project the Proposed Road Level information from Road_1 at the intersection of Road_2 (Alignment_GA.jpg) onto the Start of the Profile for Road_2 (Alignment_Profile.jpg) to give me my tie in start point?

How do I obtain the exact chaiange of the intersection Point?

How can i extend Road_2 onto the horizontal curve of Road_1 so i know they exactly intersect?

Any help would be much appreciated

Reagrds

Dean

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: deanbowden

Others might have different options, but here's how I handle these situations:

@zebadee wrote:

How do I project the Proposed Road Level information from Road_1 at the intersection of Road_2 (Alignment_GA.jpg) onto the Start of the Profile for Road_2 (Alignment_Profile.jpg) to give me my tie in start point?

Create a surface from the corridor for alignment 1. Either Query or Label the intersection point with a station/offset label that includes a reference text component for Surface Elevation. Use that elevation as the starting elevation for Alignment 2.

@zebadee wrote:

How do I obtain the exact chaiange of the intersection Point?

See above. This label will include station value. (Chainage = Station, right?)

@zebadee wrote:

How can i extend Road_2 onto the horizontal curve of Road_1 so i know they exactly intersect?

Explode down to a polyline, use Extend to extend the polyline to Align 1, create Align 2 from the polyline.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report