Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two bugs = one very frustrated user!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
davwong
458 Views, 5 Replies

Two bugs = one very frustrated user!!

Robot MadRobot MadRobot MadRobot MadI am a very frustrated man Autodesk! Robot MadRobot MadRobot MadRobot MadRobot Mad

Please let me disable middle mouse double click. Your software confuses between pan and zoom to extents. It is seriously unusable. I swear I held down the middle button once and it still thinks it's a double click.

Two, when copying from one sheet to another sheet, pasteorig gets confused between paper space and model space. The bottom model/paper space button alternates between paper space and model space and then IT GIVES UP! It is seriously wasting my time.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davwong
in reply to: davwong

Windows 8.1 x64

Autocad Civil 3D 2014 x64 SP1

Message 3 of 6
davwong

I found out that my mouse is oversensitive after swapping mouse. Though I still maintain that the software should have been more "robust" by allowing me to change this setting.

Message 4 of 6
Pointdump

D,

Don't be too quick to blame AutoCAD for mouse settings. Your operating system controls most mouse functions.

As for the PasteOrig problem, can you provide more details? What do you mean by "gives up?"

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 6
pendean

This is peer support: end users helping other end users. There is no "your software" here, none of us wrote the program you use.

So, try again:
1. AutoCAD can't control your mouse. double-clicking the middle mouse is a Windows feature: see if your mouse driver can disable it. And read these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266738
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34877-middle-mouse-button.html
2. Do ypu mean you simply cannot paste what you copied to the clipboard?Are you on a limited Windows user account? COPYCLIP creates a temp DWG file in your Windows Profile Temp folder, so the program needs to be abloe to delete/rename/overwrite to that location all the time.
Message 6 of 6
davwong
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, I didn't know. But I still hope that Autodesk staff will read this and implement the ability for us to change this mouse setting anyway. It would be nice to be able to turn off something that I don't want to trigger accidentally.

With regards to the copy, basically what happened was I created a master drawing, and continuation sheets with bigger map scales to cover each section of the overall plan. Because of convention, each zoomed in sheet will have to contain different labeling at the same location in model space, sometimes I have to drag labels everywhere (and once again due to different conventions, we have our leaders pointing towards the label instead of the object), sometimes I have to turn certain labels off where it was already already previously shown on another sheet, now I don't know what's the best practise to do this labelling chore but it was, to me (at that time), much easier to save each continuation sheet as a new drawing from the master plan. When I do, certain labels have to be copied over from the previous continuation sheet to the next continuation sheet if required to save time from recreating the multiline text, move, rotate.. so what happened was I would copy the multiline text and then switch to the other drawing and use the pasteorig command and often pasteorig command would not work.

This button here would turn cyan and alternate between "MODEL" and "PAPER" and then quite often no pasteorig happens.

Capture.PNG

And then if I am really unlucky, this error comes up. And then the program stops responding no matter which option I pick and I cannot continue. Imagine the frustration I had when it was crunch time.

Untitled.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report