Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tutorial trouble

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ces
Advocate
240 Views, 5 Replies

tutorial trouble

hi all,

I am going through the tutorials in an attempt to migrate to Civil 3d from many years of hanging on to LDT 2004...I know, I know...

I am in the "Exercise 3: Assigning User-defined Properties to Points"...

2: In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, I clicked Point Groups

3: In the item view, I clicked the Storm Manholes entry. In the Classification column, select Manhole UDP.

I can not expand the storm manholes entry, and I can not find anywhere to select Manhole UDP...I am stuck...has anybody else had this trouble...???...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: ces

Civil 3D consists of a lot of right-clicking.  What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 6
ces
Advocate
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I am trying to add a classification to a point group...I found if I right click and go to properties, I can go to the summary tab I can find it there, but I think that was a work around or they left all that out of the tutorial...

this is going to be very different from LDT...

thanks for your interest/help...

Message 4 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM

You can change it in the Item View as well.  You might have to click on it a couple of times for the pull down to activate.  You have 3 choices in there of All, Unclassified or None.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 6
ces
Advocate
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I am guessing the "item view" is the small area docked under the Toolspace...???...

is there a way to undock the "item view"...???...do you...???...

thanks again,

ces

Message 6 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM

That is correct, and NO, you cannot undock the Item View separately from the Toolspace.

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report