Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off Image Border

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
rachelc11
196207 Views, 10 Replies

Turn Off Image Border

Hello,

I would like to make a seamless mosaic of aerials, however I can't figure out how to turn off the border on each image. (The border which changes color with whatever layer the image is on) Any ideas?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
sfore
in reply to: rachelc11

Type Imageframe and set to 0 for off or 2 for on and no print.  It's probably set to 1 currently.

You can also bring in Aerial's via FDO (mapwspace) and make 1 complete aerial out of multiple aerials.

Message 3 of 11
rachelc11
in reply to: sfore

Thank you, just what I needed.

Message 4 of 11
Neilw_05

Search help for "Toggle Frames".

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 11
sfore

Nielw is right....Toggle Frames under the Insert panel in the Ribbon is much easier than remembering keyins.  I often forget about commands in Ribbons after typing them for years. 

Message 6 of 11
don.st.pierre
in reply to: sfore

Is there a way to automate shutting off the imageframes. I frankly never ever want to see them. Yet they seem to keep coming back.

I tried adding "(SETVAR "IMAGEFRAME" 0)" to my acaddoc.lsp file and it just seems to ignore it.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 11
ThomasMartinEIT

Found in Acad 2017 have to set image frame to "1" then back to "0" to actually not show image frames. If already at "0" does not work.

Message 8 of 11
FDGJames
in reply to: don.st.pierre

I have found that the variable 'Frame' controls all of the various image frames, but it is drawing specific, as are all of these.  Only way to automate would be to change in every drawing you have.  Maybe the LISP forum would be more helpful.

From the help file:

FRAME (System Variable)

Controls the display of frames for all images, map images, underlays, clipped xrefs, and wipeout objects.

Type: Integer
     Saved in: Drawing
     Initial value: 3

Changing the setting for FRAME changes the IMAGEFRAME, DWFFRAME, PDFFRAME, DGNFRAME, XCLIPFRAME, and       WIPEOUTFRAME settings to the same setting as the new FRAME setting.

Value      Description
        0                 The frame is not visible and it is not plotted.  The frame temporarily reappears during selection        preview or object selection.

1                 Displays and plots the frame.

2                 Displays but does not plot the frame.

3                 The settings vary for all objects with frames in the current drawing: images, underlays, clipped xrefs, and wipeout objects do not all                                     have the same frame settings.

Note: You cannot set FRAME to a value of 3 manually. The setting for FRAME is restored to 3 only when one of the other object-specific frame settings is changed to a value that is different from the others.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.3
Message 9 of 11
SSA_Seat_2
in reply to: FDGJames

Is there a way to show frames around some images on a layout, but not others?

Message 10 of 11

OMG this!  Can confirm it's the same in AutoCAD 2018.

Driving me nuts.  Set IMAGEFRAME to 0, nothing worked, then set to 1 and then back to 0

Message 11 of 11

Yes I just had this issue.

If 'ImageFrame' is set at 0 already, change it to 1, then back to 0.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report