Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to publish to Google Earth in Civil 3D 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cbrekkas
1406 Views, 6 Replies

Trying to publish to Google Earth in Civil 3D 2012

I'm trying to publish to Google Earth in Civil 3D 2012 (just upgraded from 2011 to 2012) but it keeps showing up in wrong location. I've done this countless times in 2011 with no issues. The UTM is NAD83(CSRS)/UTM zone 11N this is for Summerland, BC Canada but it keeps showing up somewhere in France (totally wrong X coordinate but right Y coordinate). I tested publishing the drawing 2011 and it works just fine.

Has anyone had this happen before? Is it because 2012 just came out? Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SethHall
in reply to: cbrekkas

I personally have yet to come across this issue. Have you found a resolution since posting this question? If not does this happen on all drawings trying to publish to Google Earth or just this one?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 7
cbrekkas
in reply to: SethHall

No I haven't found a solution yet. It happens with all the drawings I tried. The only way I can publish it correctly is to insert it into a drawing created using 2011 and publishing it using 2011.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
SethHall

Did you migrate your 2011 template to 2012?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 7
cbrekkas
in reply to: SethHall

If you mean am I using the same template that I used in 2011 then yes. In 2012 the location is correct (same coordinates) but when I publish it is exactly the opposite side of the world.

Message 6 of 7
wfberry

Just throwing something out.  I know that in the past in my area I am 85D west longitude and it has to be entered with a negative number.  I am guessing you are in something close to -120 D or so.

Since I don't normally use UTM I don't know if this makes any sense.

Bill

Message 7 of 7
cbrekkas
in reply to: wfberry

Based on what you said I tried a different coordinate system (UTM with NAD83 datum, Zone 11, Meter; Central Meridian 117d W) btw this works in both 2011 and 2012. I guess in 2012 the coordinate system (NAD83 (CSRS)/UTM zone 11N) is in the wrong location. I hope there is a fix for this in 2012.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report