Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Match Perspective to ViewPort

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
RCBmstg007
1984 Views, 8 Replies

Trying to Match Perspective to ViewPort

I am having a really hard time trying to get this to work. If you see the image below. I am trying to make the viewport match the oblique / birds eye view in paperspace. Anybody have an idea how to do this? I do have everything set in real life (1:1) paper and model. The Model space has a 2D Line drawing; while the paper space has a transparent (60%) birds eye view image.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: RCBmstg007

Are you saying you have an image that is a photo taken from a birdseye view and that you want the linework to look like it matches up with that?

Use Saveas to save the drawing to a different file if you don't want to overright your existing drawing.

Move the image to modelspace.

U ADERSHEET command to rubbersheet the linework to the image.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 9
RCBmstg007
in reply to: tcorey

You are correct. could you possible show me an example? I am having trouble getting the image to overlay ontop of the line work. I hope that makes some sense.

Message 4 of 9
tcorey

Use eTransmit to make a package of your drawing and image, post here, and I'll take a look...

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 9
RCBmstg007
in reply to: tcorey

Message 6 of 9
gunnarl

One thing to try...

You can apply the image as a "background" to a saved view in paperspace, then 3D orbit the drawing until the linework matches up with the image in the background. See the "View" command and" background override" options in the view dialog for setting the image as a background. You shouldn't need to set up a camera or anything like that. The only thing I'm not sure of is the transparency. I don't think you can set a transparency to an image applied as a background for a view. But you can edit the image in paint or something and lighten in up a little to give it a faded back appearance if need be. Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 9
tcorey

Open your drawing.

Bind the Xref as an Insert and Explode it.

Run ADERSHEET command.

Pick as many Base Points and Reference Points as you design. More points = higher accuracy. Pick a base point on your linework and then pick the reference point on the image in the location that linework base point should be after rubbersheeting.

After picking as many base and ref points as you design, press enter. Use the Select option and then select all the linework, but not the image. Hit Enter. If you get  a Map Error dialog, hit close.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 8 of 9
RCBmstg007

Thank you so much for the explaination. It did work! I do have one more question; is there a way you can rotate / match the view of the birds eye / oblique photo? So when I go to the top view, it looks like a plan view?

Message 9 of 9
tcorey

Without knowing the height of the camera and its angle towards the subject of the photo, I don't know how you would do that mathematically.

If you want to trial and error it, you could use the Viewcube to spin the view until it looks good, or use the Vpoint command to place the viewpoint where you estimate it should be.

If my previous post solved your initial question, please mark it accept as solution so others that might have the same question will be able to quickly find their answer without reading the entire thread. Thanks.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report