Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a simple haul Road as a corridor

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Jestoner
572 Views, 3 Replies

Trying to create a simple haul Road as a corridor

So i am attempting to actually make use of more of the Civil 3d tools.  In particular for a soil mining project i am attempting to grade in a haul road using the corridor feature.  Below is what i did to create what i have so far;

I created an alignment from object through the centerline of the proposed road, created surface profile from alignment, created assembly of haul road (with 2 6" layers sloped 2% from crown then a generic daylight to slope at a 4:1 slope).  I then set the targets and had the corridor create a surface.

Everything worked great except the corridor is following the exact grade and slope of the existing surface.  I believe i am missing a step in either modfying or creating a new alignment/profile with design parameters from slope (for instance i'd like to assign a 10% max slope for the haul road).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i feel like i am just missing a simple step in this process.

Attached is the file i am working with.  Be kind as this was the first file i ever worked with in civil 3d haha

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
odoshi
in reply to: Jestoner

Yes, you are just missing the design profile. So, go to Home ribbon, Profile, Profile Create Tools.

Click your profile view and then name your profile. The drawing tools will show up after that so you can put in the finished CL grade.

Then go back to your corridor properties and change the baseline profile.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 4
Jestoner
in reply to: odoshi

Is it possible to draw in the new profile grade as a polyline or do i need to use the Profile Layout tools? I see the convert autocad Line feature but it either doesn't seem to be working or it doesn't do what i think it does.
Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: Jestoner

You need to use the profile tools.  If you WANT to draw the profile using a polyline first you can -- but then you'd need to use the profile creation tools to trace over top of the polyline.

Are you just not understanding HOW to use the profile tool?  If so, tell us your difficulties and we'll do what we can to assist you with it.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report