Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truncated Northing and Easting

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
paulgalli5397
533 Views, 10 Replies

Truncated Northing and Easting

So, I can create expressions to truncate my northing and easting so I can display them truncated in my point tables.  Does anyone know how to show the truncated northing and easting in my alignment label style?  When I go to select it, my truncated northing and eastings are not choices.  I can hand edit the N and E for each point, but that gets time consuming and opens up room for error. 

While I'm here, why is it that labeling choices are different for alignments than they are for general labels, than they are for parcels?  Why does that make any sense? 

C3D - 2014, Sincpac Addon
Land Surveyor
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rl_jackson
in reply to: paulgalli5397

You need to create a seperate alignment lable style just as you did for the point table with the Northing/Easting truncated as you did before, not sure if you did this with an expression or by rounding.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
paulgalli5397
in reply to: rl_jackson

I did it through an expression. The expression doesn't show up when I try to add it in my alignment label style. Can I create expressions that will show up in alignment label styles? If so, where?
Land Surveyor
Message 4 of 11
rl_jackson

You need to create a separate expression for the alignment labels.

2014-09-16_1203.png

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
Jay_B

Yes, most of the categories found under Settings Tab of Toolspace > Alignment > Label Styles support expressions.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 11
paulgalli5397
in reply to: Jay_B

I don't see expressions under Label Sets (which is where I want the Truncated Northing and Easting to show up. Basically, what I want to see is a station for each of my geometry points (PC, PT, etc.), along with the truncated Northing and Easting below it. I just don't see where I can create an expression. I can label it separately under Station Offset, but I don't want to pick each point manually - I might as well just edit the geometry point label, which would be just as slow.
Land Surveyor
Message 7 of 11
Jay_B

Label Sets are a collection of Styles, you need to go back a step to the style (or styles) you wish to truncate.

Below is for Geometry Points, you may have additional categories where you'll need to add the expression.

geometry.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 11
rl_jackson

As I showed before. Got to the root of the label. weather it be station, geometry point etc....

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Jay_B

Select an existing alignment > Rt. Click > choose Edit Alignment Labels > This will display the individual styles in use for current Label Set applied to alignment.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 10 of 11
paulgalli5397

Thanks guys:  It finally dawned on me what you were saying.  Works great!

I still wonder why I have to redo the same expression in several different places, but that I can live with.

Paul

Land Surveyor
Message 11 of 11
Jay_B

paulgalli5397 wrote: 

I still wonder why I have to redo the same expression in several different places, but that I can live with.

I can't speak for Rick but I'll guess that he'd agree that we often wonder the same. Smiley Happy

Glad to hear it worked out.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report