Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True representation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sjka
438 Views, 4 Replies

True representation

Hi there,

I have a project just completed, but I want to view it exactly how it looks, cut been taken off and fill been added. Pretty much, see the exact finished construction before it is really constructed, I have tried masking some surfaces, but doesn't seem to work.

Thanks...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: sjka

Hi,

you can create a new surface, then you can paste existing surfaces in the order you created them. First paste the existing ground, then paste the new suface-part. Check >>>here<<< for how to paste surfaces.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Sorry, >>>this link<<< shows the paste-workflow.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 4 of 5
sjka

Thanks so much,

It worked, but one more thing, is there any way I can differenciate colours, I have an existing surface, cut fill, flat area, and a road.

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> is there any way I can differenciate colours, I have an existing surface, cut fill, flat area, and a road.

as long as the surfaces are seperated you can give them different styles.

In the one that has pasted all sub-surfaces I would not know a way to do that.

Then let's think about alternative 2:

• try to get the most outer border of all sub-surfaces.
  • create a new surface and paste the existing ground into it
  • to this new suface assign in island-border ==> the border from step 1 ==> that creates a hole in existing ground and so you see the other surfaces as seperated ones (with different styles then)

...does that work for you?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report