Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with PaperSpace Labels

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
477 Views, 15 Replies

Trouble with PaperSpace Labels

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.  I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST A NEW QUESTION. 

So i will post here and hope someone will see. 

I'm having trouble with paper space labels. When i zoom in and out to adjust my viewport, the scale looks fine.  Then when i go to plot preview all text are enlarged.  Then when i cancel i go to paperspace and labels remain large.  I've read all other posts on this matter and nothing has helped.  I will attach drawing to show. 

THANK YOU

JOE

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

nm.PNG

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
troma

What units are you in?  Please check that the plot setup units match your drawing setup; it should be mm or inches (you should know which one is right for you).

plot.png

As for posting a new question, the button is at the top of the page:

post new message.PNG

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

Thanks guys for responding.  My drawing set up is feet.  My plot settings are inches. 

just a little info.  I have been working with land desktop 2008 for years.  now i just had to upgrade to 2014 civil.  It feels as if im learning all over again. 

any other possibilities?

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thank you.  For some reason this does not show up on my screen. 

Message 6 of 16
AllenJessup

Zooming in the Viewport is not the best way. Select the Viewport in PaperSpace and use the Properties dialog box to set the scale. You can also us MVSetup but I like Properties better.

Remember. When you zoom in a viewport, Civil 3D and Annotative objects do not rescale to the new zoom factor until your either do a Regen in MS or a Regenall in PS.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
AllenJessup

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.  For some reason this does not show up on my screen. 

After you solve your current problem. Visit the Community Feedback forum. Someone there may be able to help you with posting a new message.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

Going to the properties is a conveniant tool.  Thank you for that.  However, when i set the desired scale and go to plot, all point text are enlarged. I tried switching from inches to mm on the plot settings.  even changing the scales within.  No luck.  Can it have something to do with scale settings in my drawing??

Message 9 of 16
AllenJessup

Civil 3D objects, including Point Label text, resize to fit the plot scale. If it's too big for the scale you want to plot. You need to use a Label Style with a smaller text size. Since you say it looks good when you're in ModelSpace. You probably have a different scale set in MS than you're trying to plot at.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

hmm. I see.  I would like to keep the MS text at the current scale 1:1  I do not want to adjust the size of the text.  I am not really concerned with scale when plotting.  I generally use sketches to work in the field where i can zoom to any particular area.  That is why i usually zoom in viewport to get to desired size.  Is there any way to lock the label size where it doesnt change.  Only objects change in size?

J

Message 11 of 16
AllenJessup

You have to create an expression and set it as your text height.

exp.PNG

fth.PNG

Allen

BTW. You don't have to misspell is as I did.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

Just want to let you know that I really appreciate the help.  My blood pressure's been going through the roof trying to figure this out.  Thank You.

So that works.  I just have to fine tune my settings to what i want.

Next question.  I have set an alignment and a profile for it.  The labels on both are large as well.  (when i try to plot ofcourse).  I did not see expressions on the profile

Message 13 of 16
AllenJessup

No. Expressions aren't available for every type of label. You may have to create a couple of different Label Styles at different text heights and experiment to find out which "looks good" in your plot.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

OK .  Thanks Again

Message 15 of 16
wfberry

Do you have your Viewport locked?

Bill

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

I'm not sure.  How do you lock them?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report