Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Exporting to Autocad Using Civil 3D 2015

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gambate9193
424 Views, 6 Replies

Trouble Exporting to Autocad Using Civil 3D 2015

I have a grading plan with the existing and finish grade surfaces data shortcutted.  For my spot elevations I am using civil 3D spot elevations.  When submitting to our client, they request cad files in autocad format.  I have been trying to export my grading plan to autocad and haven't had any luck.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

I've run an audit and purge my drawing to see if this would help, but no luck.

Thanks,

Oscar..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: gambate9193

By not having any luck - do you mean that no file is created of that the file doesn't contain what it should?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
gambate9193
in reply to: AllenJessup

Allen,

A file is never created, it seems to start the process but shortly thereafter it will stop as if it has finished.  I open the text window and it shows that duplicate blocks are being ignored.

Attached is an illustration.

Oscar..

Message 4 of 7
AllenJessup

That's unfortunate. I have similar results with 2014 and had hoped that 2015 would be a fix.

As a workaround. Do a SaveAs, open the newly created drawing and explode everything a couple of times then Wblock out to whatever version you need to send.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
gambate9193

Allen,

I tried that, since the labels are dynamic and tied to the surface as soon as I explode it, the labels go away.  

I've also tried promoting the surface and then exporting just incase the hangup is because of the data shortcut but that didn't work either.

I noticed a few glitches in 2015 since I've worked with it so there is always a chance that it may have corrupted my drawing.

Thanks for the advice though.

Oscar..

Message 6 of 7
AllenJessup

That's strange. If I explode a Surface Elevation Label once I get a block a second explode give me entities for the marker and MText for the Label. If the label disappears when you explode. Try turning on the layer or layers it might land on.

Allen

Civil 3D 2012 SP 3 / IDSP 2014
Dell Precision T3610, Xeon CPU 3.70 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K4000
Samsung SSD 512GB
HGST (WD) 512GB drive

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
gambate9193

Allen,

You are correct, I hadn't look around carefully enough, thanks,

Oscar..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report