Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimble Feature Codes -> Desckeys

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
derek.gray
7296 Views, 19 Replies

Trimble Feature Codes -> Desckeys

We have our Trimble TSC3 setup and working nicely to collect field data using Trimbles feature codes... question is, is there a way to import/convert these feature codes into DescKeys... I'm working on a convoluted way but in the end I don't think it will work because I can't save it to Access-97 format... Is there an easy way or am I doomed... Thanks_DRG

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
derek.gray
in reply to: derek.gray

working in Civil3d2012 SP1

Windows 7 64-bit

Message 3 of 20
Jeff_M

I don't have anything Trimble to know what format(s) it can save to. Can you export the keys to XML or plain text file? Can you post a small example of either one, or both?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 20
derek.gray
in reply to: Jeff_M

I will put together what ive found and post back after the holiday... thanks for the reply and Merry Christmas...

Message 5 of 20
derek.gray

In the Trimble Feature Editor the available file types to export to are: see attached clip.

Unfortunatly the export to .csv doesn't seem to collect all the information. If it would I think I could put the list together, but I would still have to find a way to save-as access97... Thanks

--Sorry for the delay I've been out sick--

Message 6 of 20
Jeff_M

Why does it need to be saved as an MDB? (Access97) 

If you can, would you post a small example fxl file along with a csv created from that file?

I'm asking for these because I think it will be possible to write a progarm to import them directly to C3D...but without knowing what these files look like I can't investigate any further. I've searched Google for sample files, with no luck.

EESignature
Message 7 of 20
derek.gray

Jeff, the page gives me the following error when i attach the .fxl file and try to post it...

Please correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The file does not have a valid extension for an attachment. doc,pdf,dwf,dwg,dxf,dst,gz,gzip,zip,bm,bmp,gif,jfif,jpe,jpeg,jpg,psd,tif,tiff,png,htm,html,xml,xls,lsp,svf,3ds,vcf,png,text,txt,log,env,dcl,rvt,rfa,ipt,iam,ipn,dwfx,idw,csv,nwf,nwc,nwd,sdf are the valid extensions.
Message 8 of 20
derek.gray

I would be happy to email them to you or if you have another way let me know... Thanks

Message 9 of 20
Jeff_M

Either add it to a zip file or just rename it and add a ".txt" to the end. Then it will post here just fine, as long as it is < 1.5mb

EESignature
Message 10 of 20
derek.gray

attached...

Message 11 of 20
Jeff_M

Got them, thanks! Now I'll see what I can come up with over the weekend.

EESignature
Message 12 of 20
Jeff_M

Well, this is what I've come up with.....

DescKeyImport_Trimble.png

It shows all of the Layers, Blocks, and PointStyles defined in the Trimble FXL. You can add a prefixe to any of these, as shown. Selecting OK the creates a new DescriptionKeySet using the name provided in this form.

This is the result:

DescKeyImport_Trimble result.png

The Scale settings do not get imported, as I couldn't determine what they were supposed to be doing, so I just assigned all of the PointStyles to "Use drawing scale".

I you are interested in obtaining this, please shoot me a PM.

EESignature
Message 13 of 20
Neilw_05

I don't have TGO in front of me so I can't run any tests but you can import a CSV into ACCESS. Is there some reason why you can't make that  work?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 14 of 20
Jeff_M
in reply to: Neilw_05

Based on the first post, he can't save to Access97. Based on the CSV file he posted, it doesn't output the required information.

EESignature
Message 15 of 20
adobrucki

Hi,

This would be benifical to us the use of the Trimble feature codes import, would you be able to explain how i can achiecve this?

Message 16 of 20
adobrucki

Jeff,

are you able to explain ho wyou got that pop-up window to appear? we have recently invested in Civil CAD 3d and this would be helpful.

Regards

Andrew

Message 17 of 20
Jeff_M
in reply to: adobrucki

Yes, this is something I programmed to do using C#. It is currnetly one of the many commands available in the SincpacC3D.

EESignature
Message 18 of 20
adobrucki

Jeff_M, so its a add-on not something that can be easily doen wiothout purchasing the software Sincpac?

Message 19 of 20
Jeff_M
in reply to: adobrucki

That's correct. It took me about 5 days to program. It will try to create all symbols and styles to match what is specified in the fxl file. You are more than welcome to test it out, as there is a 28 day free trial availble which includes full functionality of all commands.

EESignature
Message 20 of 20
derek.gray

Jeff, thanks for tackling my problem. I have downloaded it to play with...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report