Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trimble export road files corrupted

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bchwyscampbell
1123 Views, 3 Replies

trimble export road files corrupted

Trimble Access, Civil 3d  2012 export road problem

when I export a road file to my TS2 it becomes corrupted (file size 50% of what it should be.

4 months ago there was no problem. The weird thing a is that the other worstation in the office has this issue to.

Here's what I have done to troubleshoot:

• swapped out both data collectors
  • exported this rxl file to a virtual instrument on my desktop
  • talked to cansel and autodesk but the said they haven't seen this problem

I can rule out the following.

• trimble/autodesk software, hardware ( to much a coincidence that both work stations have this problem)
  • Data Collectors swapped out -  file size of the corrupted rxl were the same on the virtual deskto instrument
  • corrupted dwg  - exported a road six months ago, now re-exported and the new file is corrupted.

Both machines are identical:

Pentium Zeon

16 gb RAM

Identical software installation

Anyone have any ideas?

Marty

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: bchwyscampbell

Forgetting about the fact that it worked before and the things you've ruled out...this is how I would troubleshoot this.

You didn't mention what makes you think it's corrupted, just that the file is half the size. What's actually wrong with the file? Missing information, wrong information?

Can you open a totally different file and export a successful RXL? If so, it would make sense that the file is at fault. If not, seems like it could be a software issue. Probably Trimble Link.

I've seen weirdness from time to time from Trimble Link. What I do is load the RXL into Trimble Business Centre (there is a free version) and inspect it. I've had to make adjustments to my corridor to make things work. I've also had to export to XML instead or RXL. The key is to inspect the RXL in TBC and see where the problem lies. Make changes and look again. Once it looks good in TBC it'll look good on your TSC2.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 4
sboon
in reply to: mathewkol

The rxl file includes the alignment, profile and cross section data from your corridor.  The section data you get is dependent on the configuration of your corridor at the time of export.  If the frequency settings have changed or the corridor surface is not available then the section data may be significantly different than previous.

RXL files are just text, almost exactly the same as an XML file so you can open them with Notepad and examine the data.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 4

Thank-you Matt and Steve, I apolagize for not getting back to you sooner, I was out of the office on Friday.

Both of your suggestions were excelent and I will use to further investigate it today.  I will post again when I get it resolved.

Thanks

Marty

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report