Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree Point Table

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rl_jackson
576 Views, 3 Replies

Tree Point Table

How would I create a Point Table that would allow me to have Point#, Type, Size in individual columns when I have decription keys that area like this;

GUM 6  to be a 6" GUM.

Is there any way to have the data for the Type in one colum and the size in another?

Is there a possible work around that anyone can think of?

TIA

C3D12

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: rl_jackson

Description keys only work on descriptions. You can use the description keys to assign the appropriate style to the points (assuming the description is GUM) but you wouldn't be able to use the "6" to scale your point symbol with it in a different column. If you don't need to use the "6" for anything but labeling purposes, you can use "User Defined Properties" and create a new property for you point for the size column and then use that in a label style.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: BrianHailey

Looks like udp will do the trick, just going to take some doing to implement it.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: rl_jackson

in our raw descriptions we code our trees similar to gum 6 and using the codes for full descriptions we can transform it to read 6" gum.   We also use part of the description to size our tree symbols.

first off to break down gum 6 into the codes needed to transform them into 6" gum.

the first part of the descriptoin is $0  or gum.   the next part is $1 or 6.   to in your full description column you would write it as $1" $0 or 6" gum.

as for scaling the symbol by a part of the description the $1 that represents the size or 6 is addressed under the scale parameter column.   used parameter 1 and make sure it is checked.    We here at Prein&Newhof did not want to scale our tree block by 6 times or 52 times for a big tree so we came up with a more reasonable scaling factor and used a net program to covert all tree scaling before the fbk was written.   a 10 inch tree might have a scale parameter of like 1 whereas a 20 inch tree would be 2 etc...

I hope this helps.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report