Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traverse file not being written in surbey DB folder

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jmayo-EE
344 Views, 11 Replies

Traverse file not being written in surbey DB folder

As per the Help files, this on ein particular,

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCUG/GUID-D4CB5D7F-5D8B-4D6D-9166-28F0D21...

I can manually create a traverse. We enter the data and all is good but when we hit the Save button no trv or trvx file is created. If we close the cogo editor all data is lost.

Anyone have any insight as to how to get a file saved?

On another note with this can I create a traverse from a pline and get the correction to hold one or two vertices?

John Mayo

EESignature

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

That link does not open to the correct page. It opens to, Create Traverse from Polyline.

It should link to, Create Traverse from COG points, or by Manually Entering Data.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
jmayo-EE

The same workflow to create the traverse in 2012 works...

WIll try with 14 or 15 and report back.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
johngordon6189

I am still trying to figure out when I hit the print button on the traverse report dialog, where does it print?  It certainly does not go to any printer I have linked on my machine.Smiley Mad

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 5 of 12
AllenJessup

John,

I don't use the Survey Database but can a TRV file be created manually? I'm thinking Batch file. I couldn't find any examples of a TRV file in the tutorials so I don't know.

Maybe you could create it as a Field Book so you don't loose the input every time.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12

John Mayo,

In the coordinate geometry editor, on the right side of the window where the traverse legs are listed, there is a check box to hold the data so that when you adjust the traverse it does not affect the selected lines.

cogo.PNG

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 7 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks for the tips gentlemen. We used 2012 to get through the calc and Subcription Support is working on the case I started for the 2013 release. I will post back with thier comments.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
jmayo-EE

Subscription Support can reproduce the issue in 2013-2015.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
tcorey

Hey John,

2015 works fine for me and I know 2014 worked also. I have done it with traverse loaded from pline or by picking cogo points.

Where are you trying to save? To a network drive? If so, do you get better results when you save to a local drive?

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 10 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: tcorey

When you tested, did you click the Survey Ribbon tab then click the Coordinate Geometry Editor and do the work in that dialog?

Autodesk can reproduce the issue... 😮

If you do this often and use the pline or another method, do you know of a way to hold two or more points in a traverse when doing the adjustment?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
jmayo-EE

Okay I gave John Gordon the solution because using the Cogo Editor vs creating a traverse in the survey db should work according to Autodesk Support and he posted it first.

I have not confirmed this yet as time does not permit this yet. If someone replies that it does not work I will fix the solution.

THe Cogo Editor allows the surveyor to hold multiple courses which is why the polyline method does not work for this job.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
jmayo-EE

Sorry had to take it back. THe cogo editor does not have a least squares correction method...

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report