Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traverse Adjustment

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jtpatenaude7
1893 Views, 8 Replies

Traverse Adjustment

How do you perform a traverse adjustment using a fbk file?

I have imported a fbk file through a network in the database.  It is a quick loop that was run in the parking lot.  The initial set up was 1 BS 2 the stations were 3, 4, 5, and the final FS was 6.  5 and 6 were the overlapping leg of 1 BS 2.  When i input the parameters as shown in the Tutorials i get a dialog box that says unable to compute.  Please help

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gk
Enthusiast
in reply to: jtpatenaude7

I have found that you must read all angles and distances in the figure and you must always backsite the previously occupied station.

The traverse may start from two know stations and end with two different known stations but you must occupy one and close the angle around to the second one.

It does work, I have been able to successfully close traverses with it from fieldbook files but the field measurements must have been collected in the proper order. If the field crew has not collected the measures in the proper sequence, there can be a considerable amount of office work involved to rearrange the measurements before you process it.

Garry 

GarryK
Message 3 of 9
SurveyorLee

try changing points 5 and 6 to1 and 2 as they should be. 

That should give you redundancy to make it close.

Lee

Message 4 of 9
jtpatenaude7
in reply to: SurveyorLee

If I change 5 and 6 how do i define the traverse.  Initial station 1, BS 2, stations 3,4,2,1?

Message 5 of 9
SurveyorLee

The traverse would be 1,2,3,4,1.  Your initial setup would be on 1, and your final setup would be on 1.

There is no 5 and 6, since they are really 1 and 2.

Since you are defining your traverse, the inference is that you are using compass adjustment.

I have not used anything but least squares for the past 10 years, predominatly with a third party program, because of the limitations with the Civil / Survey programs.  It may prove easier for you to adjust with least squares, but also realize, that looking at the adjustment reports without a knowledge of the adjustment can give you the impression things are bad, when they really are not, and vice versa.

Lee

Message 6 of 9
jtpatenaude7
in reply to: SurveyorLee

Thank you for your help, by revising the FBK I was able to get the adjustment to work.

Message 7 of 9
NKhurshid
in reply to: gk

I am an Engineer, new to Civil 3D, i usually use this software for Roads Design only. recently i have started using C3D for generation of topographic sheets. We are using Nikon 332 for field data collection. We have been importing the points data in the format of PENZD usually (sample file attached). My question is wether can i use this file for traverse analysis?. i have tried this in C3D but either it gives me error about Azimuth or say insufficient directions and distances. I would also request, if some one can help me getting fieldbook file format from my Nikon. I have yet to try this on my Sokkia System, which gives me fieldbook file format directly.

Thanks

Nasir Khurshid

Message 8 of 9
smithamanoj
in reply to: NKhurshid

hi;

PNEZD is not at all a proper format for the traversing. Why you need to do Traverse?. There is some closing error... Error in Angle and Error may be in Distance. If you don't have Angle in Your Input file, How the program can distribute the Angle error. First you need to Set-up your Instrument to store the Angle and Distance. Then you should try from that. If you need I can give you a details how the traverse is calculating and distributing the error.

Regards,

pcku

Message 9 of 9
SurveyorLee

You have a coordinate file.  You need some real raw data (angles and distances) to do an adjustment, or at least some redundancy to perform an adjustment.

Surveyor Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report