Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent Commands Not Functioning Correctly

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
MarkPendergraft
819 Views, 12 Replies

Transparent Commands Not Functioning Correctly

I'm having issues with transparent commands, some issues involving the toolbars have been pointed out, however the issues I'm having are based around entering the commands as text.

If you type L for line, then type 'BD (before selecting a start point) the command asks you to pick a point.  Then I'm prompted for a quadrant, bearing, and distance as usual.  Once I enter this information the command moves me to the next position but does not actually draw a line from the initial point I selected to the station I now occupy.  Moving forward it will draw the lines, but the initial course isn't drawn.  This is extremely frustrating as I'm unable to create a lisp using this command (it fails every time despite me trying to outsmart it) and digging through the menu system for a command that I use non-stop is quite frankly time consuming an annoying.  The line by angle and distance command seems to have similar issues.  If I type L and then 'AD and then PO for points and then select my starting and ending point, it allows me to turn a line in but prompts me again for my ending point.  In past versions, I was prompted for the starting and ending point and that was it..

Thank you for your insights and help.

-Mark P.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi,

can you upload a drawing and give us a sample what real values you type in (and show in the drawing the result you get as well as the result you would estimate?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 13

MarkPendergraft wrote:

If you type L for line, then type 'BD (before selecting a start point)

You have to select the starting point first before entering 'BD. I and a few others went around with Autodesk concerning this about 5 yeas ago. Autodesk says the command works as designed. That's code for you'll just have to live with it.

You might want to examine the CUI to see how the Create line by Bearing command from the Ribbon works. That will draw the first course.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 13

Also. If you're doing a lot of data entry. You might want to try the Cogo editor. Survey Tab > Analyze > Coordinate Geometry Editor.

Another way would be to create a batch file and run it.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
wfberry
in reply to: AllenJessup

Allen:

I used to use the floating Transparent Menu for 'BD, however, 2015 version did not work for me.  I just checked the SP 2 version and it doesn't work either.  So I just use the'BD command line now.

It is just as easy as far as I am concerned.  (even easier)

Bill

By not working, I meant that after the first call, it just quit.

Message 6 of 13
MarkPendergraft
in reply to: wfberry

The frustrating part is that this worked in previous versions.  I had a lisp routine that would call the command after typing "LBD" and now I can't get it, or any version of it to work.  I have tried everything i can think of, including using lisp to call a script, etc, etc.  I looked into the Cogo tools and they are pretty neat, but far more time consuming to type in then the line by direction command.

I have been typing LBD for about 10 years now, and it's going to be a hard habit to break if I have to do so.  Honestly, if I can't find a way to make the command work like it did previously, I will probably just write a new one to replace it...

-Mark

Message 7 of 13
wfberry
in reply to: MarkPendergraft

Mark:

You only have to use the L, to start, then the 'BD, it is good for the rest of the traverse.  This doesn't seem much of a problem to me.

Bill

Message 8 of 13
MarkPendergraft
in reply to: wfberry

I understand that you may not think it's a big deal, but I might use this command 100 times in a day, and what used to be a 3 letter command is now a 1 letter command, followed by a click, followed by a 3 letter command which now has to be done in exactly that order.  I'm aware that it continues in this mode until you hit escape, however you have to jump out of the command a lot in order to input curve information.

The problem is that some of the transparent commands are not working correctly in this version.  It's not just this command, it's also line by angle, and the toolbars as well.

-Mark

Message 9 of 13

Can you start a Support request with Autodesk? I haven't installed 2015 yet so I can't verify it myself. It might be that something's blown in the CUI. That's happened before.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 10 of 13

I will file one now.   Thanks Allen.

-Mark

Message 11 of 13

This is the Macro from the 2014 CUI:

^C^C_LINE;\'BD

See of the one in 2015 is different.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 12 of 13

It's the same

^C^C_LINE;\'BD

-Mark

Message 13 of 13

That's actually unfortunate. It would have been an easy fix. Let us know what Autodesk says.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report