Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparency in rendering

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
siroos.jafary
3585 Views, 12 Replies

Transparency in rendering

Good day all,

I just have some 3d objects, I just want to make some of them transparent when I do the rendering. I've tried opacity and it shows transparent abjects on screen but when I do the render it is not. Any body cqn help?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi,

what version of Civil3D do you speak about?

And in most cases (as rendering- and material-settings are quite complex) it might help to upload a drawing with some of the objects to see your complete material definitions and environment settings.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 13

Hi, I am using 2013 version. I attached the .dwg file.

Here is the link:

http://www.attachmore.com/792611473

Regards.

Message 4 of 13

Hi,

>> I've tried opacity

You mean the "opacity in visual styles"? If I'm right with that: you should not get confused by visual styles (where you set the opacity to 50%) in opposite to output of command _RENDER. Visual styles are just for the display in AutoCAD's graphics window, it is irrelevant for rendering. The transparency of objects is only defined by the material-definition (and may be the environment- and rendering-options you set).

But just to make sure, my rendering output (directly from your drawing) is that:

2013-07-21 16-32-10.png

And it is transparent (as e.g. you see the wheel on the backside). So I'm not really sure to understand the question correct.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 13

Yes, you are right. but I need make it more transparent. i need to see the equipments positioned onder the track. and I do not know how to do that. i need something like the attched image.

Message 6 of 13

Hi,

>> but I need make it more transparent

then chose a material (or create a new one) that is more transparent.

You have attached the material "Transparent Clear" to the layer "truck body", try to assign a new material, based on "Default Generic", because there you have a most individual properties you can adjust.

See the screenshot with such a material, you see the slider to adjust the transparency to your special needs.

2013-07-21 16-58-09.png

HTH, good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 13

It is working, thank you so much. Can you give me some website addresses regarding to rendering, materials and lighting tutorials?

Message 8 of 13

Hi,

Glad to know it works now for you! Thank you for your feedback.

>> Can you give me some website addresses regarding to rendering, materials and lighting tutorials?

Sorry I don't know any sites around rendering with AutoCAD. I would have to search with Google (or any other search engine) too. 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 13
dgorsman
in reply to: siroos.jafary

The basic concepts are the same, regardless of software.  I've found a few beginner books on 3DS MAX to be helpful.  Just ignore the application specific stuff and focus on lighting, materials, camera position, lens length, and the like.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 13
siroos.jafary
in reply to: dgorsman

Awesome, How can I fine them? would you please attache them here?

Message 11 of 13
dgorsman
in reply to: siroos.jafary

Kind of a violation of copyright to attach books.  A simple web search for 3DS MAX books should turn up candidates, as would strolling through a book store - its one of the more common subjects.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 13

Hi,

as Mental Ray is the basic technology >>>this link<<< might be a start, at least for search phrases 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 13 of 13

Tanks Alfered.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report