Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Translate Survey database rotation question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Strakan
824 Views, 5 Replies

Translate Survey database rotation question

I am attempting to rotate my Survey database to my platted line bearing. I calculate out the angle of rotation around my section corner (in my case 0.0641) and when I apply the translate survey data, it rotates it at a much larger scal than specified (1.5236). I have also tried by "pick in drawing" to specify roation without much luck. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: Strakan

Double check your angle and direction types in Survey Database Settings and in Drawing Settings.

If you get your DMS mixed up with your Grads you can get this sort of mess.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
rl_jackson

"I have also tried by "pick in drawing" to specify roation without much luck. Any help would be appreciated."

When you say your not have any luck picking from the drawing what exactly is the issue.

I know that in my case I have to have my osnap toolbar undocked to be able to select osnaps, this only happens to me in 2013 and I never came across this before then, I have not tried 2014 yet.

If this is the case make the osnap toolbar float and try the same process.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Strakan
in reply to: tcorey

I Have checked the Survey database settings and also the drawing settings. They are all set to DMS, with Bearings as a distance. It definetly seems to be a unit issue. Are there any other location you can think of where this might be recieveing and error?

Message 5 of 6
Strakan

Also another thing that I have seen happening with this. I will perform the translation (rotation of 0.0641d), and it will rotate by 1.32d. I undo everything and get back to my pre-translation survey data, and then try to re-apply the translation, once again a rotation of 0.0641d, but this time it rotates the data 1.45d.

Message 6 of 6
rl_jackson

To the best of my knowledge once you translate a SDB you cannot undo it. It updates the points automatically within the database, the undo will however update the points in the drawing. There two separate animals - and should be treated as such. (The SDB does not change after an undo)

With regards to the settings

In drawing setting verify that the Ambient setting for Angle is set to degree & DDMMSSS. The same should hold true within the SDB for Units - Angle. Those should be the only ones controlling things like this, that I can think of.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report