Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

translate survey database rotating issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wbrustle
444 Views, 3 Replies

translate survey database rotating issues

I am trying to rotate a database through translate survey database and after I input all of my info (rotation basepoint etc.) it is rotating all of the points no where near where they are suppose to be. I was experimenting with the command a bit using various rotation angles, and it seemed to work at first, but I got out of my drawing without saving and got back in and I tried to do it again using the same rotation base point etc. (the correct way that I knew had worked at one point during my experimenting) and the location of the points are all out of whack now. Did I do something unintentionally to the points or do I maybe have to re-import the fieldbook? This has happened to me before and I am not quite sure what's going on......thanks.

I thought not saving the drawing would be a safe way to not save any of my translating....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: wbrustle

Edits to the survey database sometimes are not refelected in the drawing, remove the points in the drawing, reinsert them from the database. and correct the rotation based on the data in the drawing.

Note: Even though you do not save the drawing the changes are made to the database as soon as you click the Finished / OK. The drawing and the database are to seperate things.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
wbrustle
in reply to: rl_jackson

ok I will try that...thanks

Message 4 of 4
wbrustle
in reply to: wbrustle

thank you for clarifying this for me. I now understand the database better. I was under the impression that I could do whatever I wanted to the points and as long as I did not save drawing, the point edits would not change.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report