Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transition from one template/aasembly to another template

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eric_apostol
297 Views, 1 Reply

transition from one template/aasembly to another template

Hi all,

This might be asked several times already and I am just having problem to find them over here in the forum or over the internet. But my question is, is there a way to create a corridor that has a transition from one template/assembly to another template?

To make my task simple to explain, I am asked to create a swale/channel design that Ch 1-15m, it has a "V" shape and on Ch 20-30m is a "U" shape or rectangular shape. And I want to have the transition from Ch 15-20m.

I created two assmbly/template (a V shape and a U shape assembly) and tried to assigned point code to the point (on the sub assembly) I want the feature line to be linked/connected. But it is only giving me a gap on the corridor.

TL  *          * TR                                                         TL *          * TR

*      *                                                                      *          *

*  *                                                                        *          *

* BL & TR (OVERLAPPED)                            BL*********BR

I know if I will create a surface from this, it will be connected. But this will be just alright if my alignment is straight. But in my case, my channel have horizontal curves.

Any ideas or workaround out there?

I am using a Civil 3D 2012

Thank you,

Eric

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianHailey
in reply to: eric_apostol

Generic links in the assembly to build the swale and offset alignments that widen along the alignment. Have the links target the offset alignments and it should get you what you want (if I read your request correctly).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report