Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition Corridor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
753 Views, 7 Replies

Transition Corridor

Designing a tailing dam I use a corridor model changing slope grade from 1:2 to 1:2.5.

There are assemblies and subassemblies with shapes defined for each slope grade, LinkMulti with no target, but how do I make the transition from one slope grade to another one? 

In corridor properties I included two regions for each slope grade.

For grading there is a transition function. But the transition for corridors? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

Corridors don't have the same transition function as grading objects do.  There are several workarounds for this.  Depending on which subassembly you have used it may be possible to use the superelevation parameters to transition the slopes.  You may also be able to manually edit the corridor parameters through a range of stations to create the transition.  Some people have also built subassemblies in the SAC or using .NET which can do this.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 8
wfberry

I haven't done this is a while.  I was thinking one could just leave a gap between the Regions and the final surface would fill between.

Bill

Message 4 of 8
troma
Message 5 of 8
fcernst

That was nice of Troma, but I'll save you all that confusing reading. Use the subassembly below provided by Peter Funk from Autodesk:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Transitions-with-a-Sub-Assembly/m-p/4425639/h...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 6 of 8
troma
in reply to: fcernst

Thanks Fred. I knew I'd seen that before. I've bookmarked it now.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 8
fcernst
in reply to: troma

Right...

There should not be anymore specualtion on how to achieve daylight slope transitioning in Corridors since Autodesk has now recently provided this subassembly for our use.

We need the Civil 3D team to now allow Feature Lines to be used as a corridor Baseline control (Horizontal and Vertical) to be able to more easliy incorporate Corridors into our site grading workflow.  

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you all for your help!

The subassembly I am using is LinkMulti. I was very happy to find this design. Using four links makes a shape. And each shape can be representation of a material named 1-5 in the pic. These are cores inside the embankment for strengthening purposes. The shapes are constant through the whole design and make it easy to calculate total material table. Only problem is transition from one slope grade to another.

I am not an advanced user of corridor feature but I have to study your solutions in order to be able complete this task! I will let you know!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report