Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition between Assemblies

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rito
1249 Views, 5 Replies

Transition between Assemblies

I've attached a screenshot of some "webbing" I have going on between regions in my corridor.  As you can see on the left, there's the start of a left turn pocket lane, which is why I have two different assemblies.  This is just one instance, but this is happening along my entire corridor.  I've given up on trying to resolve and have made gaps in my corridor.  But me being an engineer, gaps bother me and would rather figure out a solution.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with point codes?  An answer would be greatly appreciated!  If no answer, I'll resign myself to being okay with the gaps.  Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: rito

This could definitely have to do with point codes. Civil 3D connects like point codes to one another, so if there's a P2, that shouldn't be connecting to another P2, change the point code to something else. If you hover over the feature lines, you will see what point code it's using.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
MikeEvansUK

Yes this is definatley the subassembly codes.

There is an option in the corridor props under feature lines section for branching inward/outward. Try changing this and see if it still happens.

This is why I tend to use the generic pavement assembly as you have more control and can change the codes to ensure they are different on all lanes so will not join up like this.

You may have to remake the assembly to correct this.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 6
rito

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been trying to research how to edit point codes.

The inward/outward choice didn't work.

I guess I will have to try the generic links. I don't mind redoing the assemblies.  If it means solving this problem, it will be worth it.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 6
rito

Changing everything to a generic assembly worked!

Thanks all!

Robyn

Message 6 of 6
JBR-1

I am having a gap problem can take a look at my screen shot and see if **** the same problem you were having and would I resolve my with generic assemblys?

Thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report