Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation Tab - Sea Level Scale Factor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rrkusaba
840 Views, 2 Replies

Transformation Tab - Sea Level Scale Factor

I have found, in C3d 2014,  that using vastly different values (0 vs. 7100 ft) for the 'Elevation' field in the 'Apply sea level scale factor' box of the Transformation tab of the 'Drawing Settings' dialog, produces no corresponding change in the relationship between grid cooridnates and local cooridnates.  Rather, the elevation scaling between grid and local is governed exclusively by the elevation of the individual CogoPoints.

So,  since the elvation value in the transformation tab appears to be ineffective vs. CogoPoints, I'm given to wonder:  What is the purpose of this value? What is it intended to do?

Thanks for taking a few minutes to track this down.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: rrkusaba

It appears to be used for points which don't have an elevation value.  Check the help files for more information.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
rrkusaba
in reply to: sboon

You are correct... and thanks very much for that.

I looked through the help files before making my last post, and again before making this reply.

I have yet to find the page where it says something like "in the event that the elevation of a Cogo Point is set to 'Property Not Defined', then for purposes of sea level scaling the value supplied in the trasformation tab is used as a default."

Would you know the source so that I might add it to my reference material?

In either case, thanks again for the answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report