Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from total stations

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bingeomatics
7303 Views, 6 Replies

Transfer from total stations

Hi, everyone!

How can I transfer (download) measured data from total stations 'Trimble' and "Leica" to AutoCAd Civil 3D 2013? Must I find a module from the sites of these manufacturers? Or how can I change from  total stations formats to the Feald Book format? Thanks all who can hel me!

Binnat Khalilov
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Try the Home tab -> Create Ground Data panel drop down -> Survey Data Collection Link.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 7

Thank you, Andrew Puller! But among geodesic insturments in the list I couldn't find new instruments. Can I update this list with anyway?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 4 of 7
clambrecht
in reply to: bingeomatics

Hi,

most surveyors now import their point files (Name, Easting, Northing, Elevation, Description) in a *.csv format ommitting the *.fbk format.  The first has more options for creating linework in the field, but won't let you adjust your field data in C3d.

Chr.

Message 5 of 7

Use the equipment manufactures software to down load and process the data. Export in  PXYZD.csv format then import in to C3D. 

The manufactures software allows all the capabilities of the instrument to be used. Mixed GPS and TPS measurements, Free Station, 2 point  Resections, Multi point Resections, Reciprocal Leveling,   Smart Station setups, Solar Leepfrog.  We use GPS in the open and then do a Smart Station setup to get coordinates in to the Total Station so we can continue surveying under the trees or in deep canyons. When you come out in the open again tie to GPS coordinate and continue.

I use Leica Geo Office, Bear Creek, TDS for processing  and Move3 for QC and Adjustments on surveys; from up to 20 crews using a number of different instruments and survey methods required for large scale 3D seismic grid surveys.

First all crews must be using the same  Codeing and Description Key Set and this must be setup to match the drawing template. (Good job for a rainy day it take a long time to get all the Code formats to match so they will work.) But it worth it. 

Jim

Surveyor / Programmer

Message 6 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: bingeomatics

Note that with csv format and the suggestions so far works good for land points, name, X,Y,Z and a description. Now if you are doing your electrical towers and need to include other information that you gather while out there then it might be easier to export to Shp format from the Trimble software. Example if you need size, construction type, year build, height, number of lines etc.  Then import or data connect to the shp files.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 7
bingeomatics
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thank you everyone!

Binnat Khalilov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report