Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRAFFIC STRIPE LINK FOR ASSEMBLY

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wizengr
260 Views, 3 Replies

TRAFFIC STRIPE LINK FOR ASSEMBLY

I have an assembly with which I created my corridor model for visualization. My problem is how to insert a Subassembly link that will represent traffic stripes on the Corridor Model on 3D View. I will appreciate if anyone could walk me step-by-step towards achieving that. Attach is my assembly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: wizengr

Take a look at the Help for Code Set Styles.

Some of the lane subassemblies have a setting for Crown Point, which might default to No. Be sure this is set to Yes for one of the lanes that meet at centerline. You can use the crown as your traffic stripe.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
wizengr
in reply to: tcorey

Suppose I want to have a 4-inch Striping in the middle of my Lane, how do I go about it having another link in the middle of the existing lane link?

Maybe something (like a line or link) has to be offset and raised above the existing Lane Subassembly

Message 4 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: wizengr

I think I see what you're trying to do. You just trying to add a stripe for a plan view? Something you can quantify using Quantity Takeoff?

I would add a LinkWidthandSlope subassy from the Generic tab at centerline, running at the same slope as the lane, but half the lane width. Set Omit Link to Yes for this subassy. Then add another of the same subassy, but with OmitLink off and give it a unique link name. You can run it right over the top of the existing lane subassy.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report