Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP labels on curves not at hi lo ponts

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
339 Views, 11 Replies

TP labels on curves not at hi lo ponts

Can anyone tell me how to attach TP labels to curves other than High and Low points? I can't use the band labels because I need the label to be in line with the curve start and end but they only seem to attach to the centre of the curve or tangent line. I have been using the Profile labels and setting 'fixed elevation' in the label set which is working fine except it only seems to label sag and crest curves.

Thanks in advance for any assistance
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've made a new discovery. This problem only occurs if the curves do not alternate between sag and crest. For example, if I have a crest curve then a sag then another sag the second sag will not be labelled.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Hi, How do you get two consecutive sag curves ? Are you using Einstein's Relativity theory or something ? -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "stevef" wrote in message news:14902040.1110516485221.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I've made a new discovery. This problem only occurs if the curves do not alternate between sag and crest. For example, if I have a crest curve then a sag then another sag the second sag will not be labelled.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Hey Laurie; I would guess that Steve is reading the output from a Profile Report print. It doesn't necessarily mean there is an actual Low or High Point. Just Civil's attempt to indicate direction of vertical difference is my hypothesis. As in is the next Up-station PVI higher or lower than the current PVI. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WINXP SP2 Dell 3.0 Ghz P4 Intel 1.0GB RAM Radeon X300 128MB PCI "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:423128c0_3@newsprd01... > Hi, > > How do you get two consecutive sag curves ? > Are you using Einstein's Relativity theory or something ? > > -- > > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > > "stevef" wrote in message > news:14902040.1110516485221.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> I've made a new discovery. This problem only occurs if the curves do not > alternate between sag and crest. For example, if I have a crest curve then > a > sag then another sag the second sag will not be labelled. > >
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

My definition of a sag curve is one that's tangent in is flatter than its tangent out on an incline or one that's tangent in is steeper than its tangent out on a decline.

It is fairly common to get two in a row in a real world road grading.

Do you guys ever grade roads? If you do I would have thought that my meaning was quite obvious.

If there is another name for this then tell me what it is and I'll use it

Civil 3D will not label the second one.

If you have a solution please reply, If not think before typing
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

"Those looking for help would do well to keep chip off shoulder." Hey Steve; Some of us think in "literal" terms, hence Laurie's questioning two of the same type of conditions in succession. Until you gave us your definition, isn't it logical to assume you meant what it looked like to us you said? I was just going by the data you provided, and made a logical assumption based on the Vertical Alignment Editor Reports. And as far as asking us if we've ever graded roads, maybe a little research on your part would be in order. While I don't spend much time here on the Civil 3D side because I'm software-deficient at the moment, that doesn't mean I know nothing about it, or the process of grading roads. Semantics being what they are, people sometimes get caught up in Region-Speak, and so there must be a period of adjustment until both sides reach a point of understanding. I've been designing roads in flatland and hillside terrain since 1985. Laurie's got me beat by a mile... http://www.cadapps.com.au:8081/ca/50.html or in his case, maybe I should say a 1.61 kilometers. So maybe you might want to go a little easier on us (or anybody else for that matter) until you know a little more about us. Just a thought. And an attempt to rein in the flame war before it gets out of control. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WINXP SP2 Dell 3.0 Ghz P4 Intel 1.0GB RAM Radeon X300 128MB PCI "stevef" wrote in message news:24588283.1110597440690.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > My definition of a sag curve is one that's tangent in is flatter than its > tangent out on an incline or one that's tangent in is steeper than its > tangent out on a decline. > > It is fairly common to get two in a row in a real world road grading. > > Do you guys ever grade roads? If you do I would have thought that my > meaning was quite obvious. > > If there is another name for this then tell me what it is and I'll use it > > Civil 3D will not label the second one. > > If you have a solution please reply, If not think before typing
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

If you have had experience with the condition I was describing then the logical assumption would have been 2 sag curves that can exist side by side rather than 2 that can't, don't you think?

We need to keep the discussion groups constructive. I only reply to other people's posts if I have information that might be helpful to them. I would never answer a legitimate question with sarcasm.

In reference to your quote:

"Those looking for help would do well to keep chip off shoulder."

The discussion groups are for sharing help, no matter how many years you have been in this industry. If you have a chip on your shoulder about proving your intellect to everybody maybe this group isn't for you.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

PS The question about if you had graded roads before was a rhetorical one. The point I was making was that you should know better than assuming I was describing an impossible condition when you've obviously experienced the condition I actually was describing.

All the necessary research was done on that one. You made it very clear that you didn't think it through before you assumed I'd misinterpreted my own profile information.

A little more care in future please, from both you and Laurie.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Or a little more discretion in choosing who we answer, now that we have more data to work with. Have fun with your problem. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WINXP SP2 Dell 3.0 Ghz P4 Intel 1.0GB RAM Radeon X300 128MB PCI "stevef" wrote in message news:11111619.1110765317883.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > PS The question about if you had graded roads before was a rhetorical one. > The point I was making was that you should know better than assuming I was > describing an impossible condition when you've obviously experienced the > condition I actually was describing. > > All the necessary research was done on that one. You made it very clear > that you didn't think it through before you assumed I'd misinterpreted my > own profile information. > > A little more care in future please, from both you and Laurie.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Four replies posted between you and Laurie - and not a single one had anything to do with a solution to labelling TPs in Civil 3D.

Or anything to do with Civil 3D

Or anything to do with Autodesk or its products at all.

A lot of stuff about you in there though.

This is an Autodesk discussion group specifically for civil 3D.

If you're saying you're not going to reply anymore then my problem is over. Good luck with yours.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

To anybody following this post - I've been informed by Daniel Philbrick of Autodesk that the problem will be sorted out in Civil 3D 2006.

Thank you.
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

I think we have found the problem. It looks like if the second sag (or crest) does not have a LP or HP the labeling is getting weeded out. Look for the fix in Civil 3D 2006. Daniel Philbrick Autodesk, Inc. "stevef" wrote in message news:15136368.1110836282341.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Four replies posted between you and Laurie - and not a single one had anything to do with a solution to labelling TPs in Civil 3D. > > Or anything to do with Civil 3D > > Or anything to do with Autodesk or its products at all. > > A lot of stuff about you in there though. > > This is an Autodesk discussion group specifically for civil 3D. > > If you're saying you're not going to reply anymore then my problem is over. Good luck with yours.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report