Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Station Face 1 / Face 2

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Kkelly31
578 Views, 2 Replies

Total Station Face 1 / Face 2

We are currently attempting to run a least squares adjustment on a survey file that we have, but are running into some vertical issues.

In our survey when shooting the stations we used shots from both face 1 and face 2.  It is my understanding that these measurements should be averaged.  But when we look at the lso file it seems to be accounting for each of these measurements separately. It is our belief that this may be contributing to the vertical issues we are seeing.

Is there a setting or something that we are missing in our setup that could be causing this to occur?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
owenmull
in reply to: Kkelly31

This might be a question better seved if asked of the manufacturer of the Total Station.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: owenmull

My main question is how does Civil 3D handle the multiple face shots in the least squares adjustment?  I am aware of what is coming off of the gun and exported into the fieldbook, but I would like to know if Civil 3D averages those measurements or handles them differently.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report