Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcon Design Model Format

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
cpusey
24905 Views, 25 Replies

Topcon Design Model Format

Does anyone know of a way to go directly from a C3D model to a grading model for a Topcon system? The format to get the file in is .tn3.
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
BradMN9HBC
in reply to: BradMN9HBC

I found the solution to the block reference issue. They were exploding onto layer 0 so it appeared they were being deleted.

Message 22 of 26

Hi,

Fo not "explode" blocks, "burst" them.
Message 23 of 26

Yes, when you explode blocks it loses all of it's block attributes, so to speak. Burst them and they will keep the attributes that define them.

Message 24 of 26

The only thing you should ever really have to "explode" is feature lines, to turn them into 3Dpolys. Another tip is make the "qselect" command your best friend when cleaning the drawing.

Message 25 of 26

Yea I found that out real quick, that's the nicest feature I've ever used.

Message 26 of 26

Doesn't Topcon require you to have a paid subscription in order to use this "free" download feature? I downloaded this add-on, but it appears in my ribbons grayed out. I contacted my local Topcon dealer and they recommended that I just download 3D office instead. 3DO requires a number of additional steps to get to the end product, but seems to be well worth the money.

Timothy Swartzfager
CAD Monkey Extraordinaire
Civil 3D 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report