Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too many tin lines and warbles in my FG surface

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MaryBell1
857 Views, 4 Replies

too many tin lines and warbles in my FG surface

I have attached graphics to this question. I have this happening on several projects and I need to resolve this issue. I'm hoping it's just a setting. Its actually a couple of issues but I am thinking they are related.

(1) When I create my coridoor it seems like its creating far too many tin lines. Is there a way to have more control over this. (see image 1)

(2) The FG contours seem to be cruising down the road for a little ways then it appears as if it picks up an EG point then get back on track again.. ( see image 2). you can see the 'bow tie'.

-my sub assembly checks out (its an inverted crown)
    -if you look at (image 3) you can see my FG looks good on my profile and based on my elev. on my plan it looks like its picking up the EG surface?
    -I have not pasted my EG and FG surfaces.... yet, and I may not.

(3) If you look at (image 4) you can see I have several of these 'warbles' . I can't figure out why it's just not using my sub-assembly straight through. If you look just below the 'bowtie' affect I noticed that it's not daylighting, it just drops off.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
odoshi
in reply to: MaryBell1

Did you use the correct FG Profile for that baseline, in Corridor Properties?

Regards,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 5
MaryBell1
in reply to: odoshi

HA.... thanks! Whew, I knew it was something simple I was overlooking. Now that that part is resolved I can see a couple minor issues that I will look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow before I accept this as resoved! Thanks for the quick response. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: MaryBell1

Now that the target issue is solved you can control the frequency of the corridor. You get TIN line for every corridor sample line
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 5
neilyj666
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Yes - best practice is to have the assembly frequency fairly wide initially while the design is progressing and then to reduce the frequency when it is time to finalise and compute volumes etc (and the frequency also depends on the EG topography)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report