Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIN VOLUME SURFACE

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sjka
681 Views, 7 Replies

TIN VOLUME SURFACE

Hi there,

I have got a problem which has become both mind and mental disturbing issue, I created two surfaces, existing ground with contours, and I added a block in finished ground, which is a pad, I created a TIN VOLUME SURFACE, where I pasted both existing, and finished ground, but I'm not getting any result for my cut and fill, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Sinc
in reply to: sjka

I'm guessing you aren't a native English speaker...  It's a bit difficult to tell what you did.  If you created a TIN volume surface, you should have been able to select both surfaces, with no pasting involved.  So I think there may be some language confusion going on, but not sure.  The other confusing item is "adding a block in finished ground"...  Not sure what that means.

Sinc
Message 3 of 8
autoMick

To create a volume surface you need to compare two separate TIN surfaces, so the "existing ground" surface, then a separate "finished" surface which has your block incorporated. When you say "block" does this mean a vertical sided block cut into the ground, or are the edges graded? If you have vertical sides could be the problem.

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 4 of 8
sjka

Thank you,

First, I created a tin surface (Existing ground) with a shape file, and the second tin surface ( finished ground) and added a block object in it, then I created a TIN VOLUME SURFACE to compare the two, nothing happened.

Message 5 of 8
neilyj666

Can you post the drawing??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 8
sjka
in reply to: neilyj666

...attached is the tins surface problem.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 8
neilyj666

Will look on monday

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 8 of 8
autoMick

sjka, I had a quick look at your drawing. It did not load the surface GB due to the missing data.

Although I couldn't really work out what was going on and I'm not sure if the the missing data references have something to do with the problems I could see, I hope the following helps:

- you do not seem to have an existing surface (which I assume is GB which didn't load on my computer) - only the FINISHED. What you need to do is make sure that your GB and FINISHED surfaces both occupy the same space and aren't offset from each other. 

- on my computer, your VOLUME surface properties had unknown base and comparison surfaces, so these must be set to reference GB and FINISHED.

Regards

- MIck

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report