Active Contributor
26 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 3
Accepted Solution

Tin Surface question

295 Views, 2 Replies
10-20-2012 03:12 PM

I have set up the linework code set and the figure prefix database where I noted which figures were to be breaklines. I then imported the ASCII coordinate final to the survey database, processing the linework as it is imported. I create a surface then modify the surface by importing a point group and create a tin, but the figures in the drawing are not being recognized as breaklines.......what am I doing wrong ?

Garry

GarryK

Hard to say...  C3D has LOTS of settings that can create a problem.

But my first guess is that you didn't select the breaklines in the Survey Database and do Right cliick->"Insert Breaklines".  If you've already tried that, and it fails, then it's probably a settitng in your Desc Keys, your Figure Prefix Lib, or your Styles/Layers.

*Expert Elite*
6,207 Posts
173 Kudos
Post 2 of 3

Re: Tin Surface question

10-21-2012 01:05 AM in reply to: gk

Hard to say...  C3D has LOTS of settings that can create a problem.

But my first guess is that you didn't select the breaklines in the Survey Database and do Right cliick->"Insert Breaklines".  If you've already tried that, and it fails, then it's probably a settitng in your Desc Keys, your Figure Prefix Lib, or your Styles/Layers.

Sinc
Active Contributor
26 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 3

Re: Tin Surface question

10-22-2012 05:03 AM in reply to: gk

Thank you, Sinc - that was my problem. I've checked out the help files and gone through the process again. I understand now how it works.

Garry 

GarryK
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post